Windows Server 2019 vs Windows Server 2022: the differences
- Posted on
We receive questions on these 2 products frequently, mainly about the differences between these two. In this blog, you can read more about the differences between Windows Server 2019 and 2022.
What is Windows Server?
This is a computer program, which allows devices to run on that server. It makes sure that these devices, mostly laptops and PC's, will be working as well and fast as possible. Windows Servers at Digi License are a perpetual license. This means, that you will never have to buy one again, unless, you want to buy a new one as soon as the support runs out. Server licenses are business licenses. This means, you cannot acquire them for personal use.
Windows Server 2022: new features
Windows Server 2022 got released in August 2021. This new Server, got several new features and updates with its release. This Server is the most reliable and safe to use, out of all of the versions released so far by Microsoft. One of the most important improvements in Windows Server 2022 is the security. Windows Server has never been this secure before. This comes with, for example, Firmware Protection and Virtualization Based Security. Also, there have been made improvements in cloud management and storage.
Windows Server 2019 vs Windows Server 2022
Windows Server 2022 is the newest version of Windows Server, as it got released in 2021. This is the most reliable and secure version available of Windows Server. Windows Server 2019 was released in November 2018. When you compare Windows Server 2019 and 2022, you will see that Windows Server 2022 has way more features than Windows Server 2019. Next to that, this means that the 2022 version has had a lot of updates, in comparison to 2019. The main differences are in security and cloud management. Also, check out the table below to see the in-depth differences of Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server 2022.
Standard and extended support end dates for Windows Server 2019 and 2022:
As always, these servers have end dates for their support. This means, that after this day, there won't be any of the support for the server, that it had before. Standard support means the updates, and the extended support means the security. The end dates are as following:
- Windows Server 2019: The standard support ends on January 9th of 2024. The extended support ends on January 9th of 2029.
- Windows Server 2022: The standard support ends on October 13th of 2026. The extended support ends on October 14th of 2031.
- Windows Server 2022 has had a lot of improvements over Windows Server 2019.
- Windows Server 2022 has major security improvements over Windows Server 2019.
- Windows Server 2022 offers a lot more functions in general.
- Datacenter offers more functions than Standard, in both 2019 and 2022.
- The support dates last longer for Server 2022 than for Server 2019.
Be the first to comment...